Summers are the time to enjoy and have fun, don’t be afraid of the sun instead of prep your skin better.
Summers are just around the corner and it is time to ditch the heavy bulky clothing and opt for lightweight and bright clothing; the same goes for skincare too. Time to ditch the heavy moisturizers and serums and replace them with lightweight skincare products and the skin enjoy the summers too! Changing skincare from winters to summers is not only about protecting the skin it is more about making sure that the skin stays healthy and the glow and radiance comes from inside!
We are all aware of the fact that too much sun is bad for the skin as overexposure leads to premature ageing. Also, during summers, the skin tends to lower the body temperature and products more natural oil leaving to clogged pores, acne and breakouts, sweating can lead to rashes and itching. As told by Dr Rinky Kapoor, Consultant Dermatologist, Cosmetic Dermatologist & Dermato-Surgeon, The Esthetic Clinics, the solution is simple: adapt your skincare routine. Here’s how:
- Change your moisturizer to a gel-based one and look for ingredients like Hyaluronic acid or opt for water-based moisturizers.
- Exfoliated at least twice a week. Exfoliating will help get clean the skin and get rid of the dirt and impurities giving the pores a chance to breathe properly. Scrub off the dry skin before your shower.
- Replace your cleanser with one with high alcohol content or go for micellar water. This will help absorb the extra oil and keep the shine away and glow intact.
- Invest in a good Vitamin C serum. Vitamin C will prevent hyperpigmentation, reduce the appearance of fine lines and restore the tightness of the skin. Layer a few drops of serum between cleansing and moisturizing.
- If your skin a prone to acne and blemishes then look for ingredients like the salicylic acid in your cleanser. You can also opt for eucalyptus based cleansers to keep pores clean and open.
- Keep your showers and baths to a short time. Staying in water for longer times robs the body of the natural oils leading to dryness.
SPF of your skin by several notches.
- Don’t ignore eyes and lips: Summer months ask for special care for the eyes and lips. Protect your eyes by wear sunglasses when you step out and when you are home don’t forget to cool the eyes with cucumber pads or potato pads. Wear an SPF based lip balm to protect the lips from harsh rays of the sun.
- Amp up on sunscreen: There is absolutely no alternative to sunscreen in summers. Apply a good sunscreen (a gel or water-based ) SPF of 40+++ in the summers and make sure that you cover the entire face, hands, neck, chest and other exposed parts of the body. Use a sunscreen spray around the hairline.
Read More In Skin Care
All possible measures have been taken to ensure accuracy, reliability, timeliness and authenticity of the information; however Onlymyhealth.com does not take any liability for the same. Using any information provided by the website is solely at the viewers’ discretion. In case of any medical exigencies/ persistent health issues, we advise you to seek a qualified medical practitioner before putting to use any advice/tips given by our team or any third party in form of answers/comments on the above mentioned website.